IT Manager, desktop, server and network support engineer with many years experience in managing the day to day running of medium size companies' IT operations.
Competent in dealing with client problems in an efficient but friendly manner.
Able to deliver training to clients at every level, with experience in a wide range of commercial applications.
Leadership Manage staff and contractors, able to establish and maintain good business relationships at all levels.
Technical Strong technical skills in a variety of commercial software with the ability to conduct individual or group training sessions.
Customer Excellent communication skills, written and verbal and a very good listener.
Personal Self motivated with the ability to work efficiently and effectively to resolve client problems.
IBM ATM Kiosk Terminals Support Engineer
Cullinan Consulting Group
2010 - 2011
PC Desktop/Server Support Engineer
2009 - 2010
Try Youth & Community Services Inc
2000 - 2009
Account Sales Manager
Busi-Soft Computers Pty. Ltd.
1998 - 2000
Harvey Norman Computer Superstore
1997 - 1998
Company: Cullinan Consulting Group
Position: ATM Kiosk Support Engineer; November 2010 to April 2011
Summary: This was a hands on role, the primary function to refurbish, source parts and materials, manage staff, install deliver and test over 200 serviceable Money Gram Kiosks to 7-Eleven stores in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, providing desktop support, infrastructure maintenance and asset management.
Company Pro-Bit Computers
Position Desktop Support Engineer; March 2009 to November 2010
Summary This position provided the opportunity to continue my interest in customer service. The primary function of this position was to deliver a wide range of services including, desktop support, infrastructure maintenance and upgrades, first and second level helpdesk.
CAREER HISTORY CONTINUED
Company Try Youth & Community Services Inc, Aug 2000 - Feb 2009.
Position IT Manager / Network Engineer / Network Administrator
Summary Established and managed the IT department, this included managing day to day operations, mainly assisting staff to resolve desktop and networking issues. I also administered the Microsoft Windows XP/2000/2003 Server & Debian Linux Servers in a LAN and WAN site. On occasion, this required that I supervise contractors.
Responsibilities & Achievements
- Assist clients at 4 childcare centres, 23 kindergartens, 3 regional programs and head office with Microsoft Office Professional 97, 2003 and 2007.
- Provided phone support for ~100 users in 5 different business areas over 50 sites.
- Created newsletters for members, flyers and displays for advertising.
- Create promotional and advertising material for Try Youth.
Company Busi-Soft Computers Pty. Ltd, Mar 1998- Aug 2000
Position Account Manager
- Established new business dealings with Insurance companies promoting computer and Network related products.
- Created art work for flyers and web site, price lists & advertising material.
Company Harvey Norman Commercial & Insurance Rep, Mar 1997- Mar 1998
Position Computer Products Manager.
- Established a new computer division within an existing commercial division.
- Dealt with insurance companies and their clients, replacing computer related products.
- Ordering, creating art work, advertising flyers & business forms.
Company Harvey Norman Computer Superstore, Mar 1996- Mar 1997
Position Computer Sales Consultant
- Computer Sales consultant demonstrated IBM & Apple computer equipment and software to business and private clients.
- Set up & ran an Internet kiosk with promotion on both Radio and Television.
Company Computing Training, Mar 1996 - Mar 1998
Position Part time Computer Training Consultant
- Responsibilities included Training programs on “How to get started using your computer and software”.
- This was either in groups of up 20 people or individually, and I still help a number of them as they have become good friends.
Company Maxwell Computer Centre, Mar 1989- Mar 1996
Position Computer Sales Consultant
- This position required Computer Sales Consultant, soliciting new business, demonstrating IBM & AMIGA computer equipment and software to business and private clients.
- Highly developed communication, sales, telephone and merchandising skills.
- Configuration of computer hardware, installation of software, telephone support.
- Creating art work for advertising flyers, point of sales material, forms, writing articles and creation of newsletters.
Institution: ALAN’S FIRST AID
Qualifications: Current First Aid Level II Certificate, 2008
Institution: PARASOL OS&H FOR MANAGERS
Qualifications: Certificate, 2008
Institution: TRY YOUTH (internal)
Qualifications: Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment,2003
Institution: MICROSOFT TRAINING.
Qualifications: Microsoft FrontPage Web Page Design Course, 1995
Institution: K & M Business Services
Qualifications: K&M Business Service’s Sales, Service Workshop.
Institution: Attaché Accounting
Qualifications: Business Manager Ambassador Accounting Course, 1995
Institution: Chisholm Institute of Technology.
Qualifications: Unix & C Programming language course, 1987
Institution: Swinburne University.
Qualifications: Computer Programming course in BASIC, 1982
- Microsoft Office Suite 2K/2K3/2K7/2010; Advanced
- Microsoft Windows NT/2K/XP/Vista/7/8 Desktops; Advanced
- Microsoft Windows NT/2K/2K3/2K8 Server; Advanced
- Adobe Photoshop CS2/3/4/5/6; Advanced
- Adobe Premiere CS3/4; Advanced
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS3/4/5/6; Advanced
- Adobe Flash MX; Intermediate,
- Adobe Firework MX; Intermediate
- Adobe Freehand; Intermediate
- Autodesk AutoCAD V14; Advanced
- Corel Draw V11; Advanced
- Switches / Hubs; Advanced
- ISDN; Intermediate
- LAN; Advanced
- WAN; Advanced
- Printer Sharers; Advanced
- Routers / Wireless Routers; Advanced
- TCP/IP; Advanced
- LINUX; Debian, Ubuntu, Intermediate
Scan the QR code with your iPhone